Saturday, February 20, 2010

Casper Sure is a Friendly Ghost



I'm sitting here, high on vicodin, watching Casper on HBO because (TADA!) I finally got my wisdom teeth removed. Aside from an icky feeling in the back of my jaw - I'm quite enjoying myself (and the much needed days of rest I earned from the holes in my mouth)

 What I didn't enjoy was the $1,400 bill. Luckily, I have a very generous family. My dad helped pay for a large chunk of it and, after saving what I recieved at Christmas from my mum, it wasn't as fiscally painful as it could have been. What was painful was the thought that, paying as much as I do every month for insurance, I wasn't covered in the slightest. As if by divine providence, I also recieved a letter in the mail stating that ('because of rising medical costs ... bla,bla,bla'), my insurance would be raised ten dollars a month. I can hardly afford what I already have to pay! AND it doesn't cover anything of importance. So, here I am: a prime example of our failing system, being forced to cancel my insurance on Monday (after only being able to afford it for a year).

On the bright side, Casper is an amazing movie for how old it is. I'm so glad it's on - I could watch this movie over and over again. And, having ordered HBO and Showtime, I am keeping myself busy watching reruns of US of Tara, the Tudors, and Sex and the City. Thank goodness for Bill Maher, too.

I just thought I'd write an update. I know it's boring, but I can't really think hard enough to write anything of significance right now :)

xx